Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recipe #1


I thought a fun thing to do would be to share some recipes every now and then. As moms, it seems we are always trying to find something a little different to try, so I thought I'd post what I did last night. I actually got the basics for this recipe from Shelley, so you can all thank her the next time you see her. I put in what I like, and you can put in whatever your family likes to customize to your tastes!

Pizza Pockets
1 Pkg Refrigerated Pizza Crust
2 T melted butter
Mozzarella cheese, amount determined by your likes/dislikes
24 pieces of pepperoni
1 green pepper
1/2 medium onion
garlic
oregano
parsley

Roll out pizza dough on a sheet pan. Cut into 4ths. Lightly brush melted butter on each piece. Spread mozzarella cheese over dough, not quite to the edges. Put 6 pieces of pepperoni on each piece. Add green pepper and onion. Sprinkle on the spices. Fold the two sides of dough together, and press the sides together. Alternately you could also only cover half of the dough and then just pull the uncovered half over the covered half and press the sides together like a calzone. I then brush butter on the top of each pizza pocket.

Bake as per directions on dough container. Enjoy!!

We put out a bowl of red sauce for dipping, but you could also just add the sauce to each pocket. It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment